Pogoń Szczecin – PGE FKS Stal Mielec [2-3]

on 25 November, the team of PGE FKS Stali Mielec played a match against Pogoń Szczecin as part of the 16th round of PKO BP Ekstraklasa.
The team from Mielec recorded a victory in this meeting, with Ilya Shkurin recording a hat-trick on his account.

Coach Kamil Kiereś decided that the match in the starting eleven will start: Kochalski, Leandro, Matras, Ehmann, Getinger, Guilaumier, Trąbka, Jaunzems, Wolkowicz, Domański and Shkurin.

The matchday squad also included: Jałocha, Hinokio, Rafa Santos, Meriluoto, Stępień, Pajnowski, Gerstenstein, Wlazło and Wolsztynski.

In the team from Szczecin, the following players started the match in the starting line-up: Cojocaru, Wahlqvist, Zech, Malec, Koutris , Ulvestad, Kurzawa, Gorgon, Grosicki, Bichakhchyan and Koulouris.

Pogoń’s squad also included: Klebaniuk, Lisowski, Borges, Stolarski, Gamboa, Korczakowski, Przyborek, Fornalczyk and Zahović.

Coach Jens Gustafsson’s players were the first to attack, and as early as the second minute Bichakhchyan struck at Mateusz Kochalski’s goal, but the ball after his shot went marginally past the goal. As early as the sixth minute of the match, Ilya Shkurin led the PGE FKS Stali Mielec team into the lead. Steel’s captain Krystian Getinger fed into the penalty area and a fantastic assist was made by Alvis Jaunzems. In the 21st minute, Bichakhchyan scored the equalising goal for Pogoń Szczecin. Unfortunately, 6 minutes later the next goal was scored by the Szczecin team, with Koulouris on the scoring list. The team led by coach Kamil Kieres still had a chance to equalise, but the ball hit the crossbar of Pogoń’s goal after a shot by Wolkowicz. In the 42nd minute of the match, Marco Ehmann was yellow-carded by the match referee. After the first half, the score was 2:1.

At halftime, both coaches made no changes to their teams. Ten minutes after the resumption of the game, the PGE FKS Stali Mielec team led to an equaliser. Coach Kamil Kieres’ players came out with a counter-attack, Maciej Domański passed the ball perfectly to our striker, and Ilya Shkurin got past the goalkeeper and scored the second goal of the game. Three minutes later there was the first change in our team, Marco Ehmann left the pitch and his place on the pitch was taken by Piotr Wlazło. Krzysztof Wolkowicz also had a very good situation to score, but the ball after his shot passed the Pogoń Szczecin goal. In the 78th minute of the match, Hinokio came on the pitch for Wolkowicz. In the 84th minute of the match, Maciej Domański crossed from a corner kick, Mateusz Matras extended the ball’s flight, and Ilya Shkurin scored the third goal of the game. Despite the attacks of the Szczecin team, the meeting ended with a score of 2:3.